FOLLOW BY EMAIL...

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

You Betcha!  Andrew is tougher than cancer!
UPDATE:
The past few days, Andrew has gone under many diagnostic tests for various reason.  Andrew had a c.t. scan yesterday to see if the fungal nodules found in his lungs went down and to see if there was anything attributing to Andrew's abdominal pain.  Andrew also got a MRCP, a specialized MRI, to get a more specific look at his abdomen, to see if the swelling around his pancreas had gone and to see if there is a pseudo cyst in the pancreas.  The good new is that all the tests were negative.  The c.t. scan showed no fungal nodules, as a result, he stopped a fungal anti-biotic to treat it.  The c.t. scan also showed that the swelling around the pancreas went down, but there was nothing conclusive around the abdomen, so we are waiting for the MRCP results.
G.I. may want to perform an endoscopy to see if there are any ulcers in the stomach or other issues.  
***UPDATE (2/16/): Andrew will indeed be getting an upper endoscopy right after or before his bone marrow biopsy, since he will be under anesthesia. 
Andrew's white blood cell counts continue to rise and other numbers continue to rise as well.  Which is as expected after his chemo and a good sign.  He is off all medicines except the pain pump that he is using for the abdominal pain.  The only thing holding him from getting home is him still being on iv pain meds.


Uncle Albert, Auntie Jenn and Cousin Margot
just in from California! Hurray!
UPDATE (2/17):  Andrew's mrcp and endoscopy came back and there wasn't any major finding.  The Mrcp showed the pseudo cyst found around the pancreas went down dramatically all on it's own!  Praise God!  It also showed the the tubes following from the pancreas were draining properly and smooth and straight.  The endoscopy showed the a little swelling around the opening in the stomach draining to the small intestines.  As a result, the g.i. doctors prescribed a special antibiotic that will linger in his stomach instead of spreading it systemically around the body. Also, all the pain meds that he has received isn't fixing his stomach issues, it's just masking them.  I had mentioned Andrew was on a pain pump for around the clock i.v. pain meds and how we were praying he would get off of them.  Well, another answered prayer.  Andrew transitioned to an oral drug that is actually working, after trying virtually all other narcotics.  We are continue to wait for the results of the bone marrow biopsy to see if Andrew is in remission.  We also are praying the potential match is indeed a match.  PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY UNTIL WE FIND THE RESULTS AND WE FIND OUT IF THE PERSON IS A MATCH.   Thank you everyone!

VERY IMPORTANT!  PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
As I have explained before and asked for continual prayer, tomorrow Thursday February 16th,  Andrew will have another bone marrow biopsy if the chemo worked and he is cancer free.  IN ORDER FOR ANDREW TO HAVE  A CHANCE TO GET TO A BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT,  ANDREW WILL NEED TO BE CANCER FREE.  So, we are asking all our prayer warriors for a favorable result:
NO CANCER!!!

Also, we have some good news!  There might be a seven out of eight marker bone marrow match.  The only info that we have is that he is a male and he gave blood to have his dna molecularly tested to see if indeed he is a good match.  SO, PLEASE PRAY FOR A MATCH AND THAT THIS PERSON WOULD GO THROUGH WITH THE BONE MARROW DONATION.   

PLEASE...PLEASE PRAY SPECIFICALLY FOR THESE TWO PRAYER REQUESTS.  

The past few weeks, God has been giving me a verse over and over by friends and family.  I read this verse to Andrew the other night before I left for home and when I got home, family friend who was the pastor of the first church,  Pastor Mark Kim sent Andrew this verse with Andrew's name before each sentence.  Isaiah 41:10:

 So do not fear, for I am with you;
   do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
.

I have read and heard this verse many time in my life, but it seems so appropriate these days.  God is my God and he will hold me and keep me.  His righteous right hand can tilt the earth's axis with a simple flick.  So, why can't he do the same with Andrew's cancer?  Whatever the outcome, I trust in his sovereignty and will.  Another word that seems to be popping up the past few days is surrender.  It seems that God is asking me to surrender and let go.  I was in the chapel yesterday before an important meeting with Andrew, our family and doctors to go over his diagnosis and outlook ( I will put another post on this alone, soon), when a receptionist at the outpatient clinic, Trina, was praying and reading Bible.  I have seen her a few times in the chapel and I know how sweet she is by our interactions with her in clinic.  She came out to me to say hi and I told her how anxious I was to be in that meeting to tell Andrew his outlook.  Trina, said to me to surrender and let God.  She ended up praying for me and I felt a burden lifted.  I had several people pray while we were in meeting and God definitely heard our prayers, because the meeting went well as it could have.  Thank you everyone who prayed, because our God answered!

Please share this blog with as many people as possible, so we can spread bone marrow awareness around the world.  Please read the previous post to get info on all the bone marrow drives in the east coast this week:


http://andrewsfightonestepatatime.blogspot.com/2012/02/update.html 


Please pray for a great turnout and that God would stir people to act on their faith and convictions!


Again, if you cannot make a bone marrow drive, please goto 
bethematch.org to register to get a very quick and simple at home kit to possibly save Andrew's life. 
Also, check out these sites that specifically are geared toward asian bone marrow donation:


(click) http://a3mhope.org/ 


(click) cheekswab.com


PLEASE SHARE THIS LINK WITH OTHERS TO RAISE BONE MARROW DONATION AWARENESS AND TO SHARE ANDREW'S STORY.  CLICK ON  THE SHARE IT BUTTON ON THE RIGHT SIDE MARGIN NEXT TO THE ABOUT ME LINK. 


Again, it would be greatly appreciated if you can leave a word of encouragement or anything that would life our spirits. Even a good joke or two-)

Love,
Joe and Jennifer Park






5 comments:

  1. "I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip - he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep." (Psalm 121:1-2)

    Praying that God not only answers your prayers in regard to Andrew's cancer, but that He continues to show you His will and goodness through it all.

    Your sister in Christ,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew, Joe, Jennifer, Emily & Briana:
    I will be thinking of you throughout today. Sending prayer and strength your way.

    For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    - Jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Sophie, Sam and I are sitting here reading, and she asks "who is he?" I said "this is your cousin." She was so excited and start jumping up and down screaming, "Yeah this is my cousin, it is my cousin!!!"

    continue to pray for you and thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi - one of Peter and Kim's friends in Chicago lifting your family up in prayer.

    Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. --Philippians 4:4-7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

    Always thinking and praying for Andrew and all of you. Love you guys!
    Carmen Kim

    ReplyDelete