FOLLOW BY EMAIL...

Tuesday, May 8, 2012



Scared 
But at Peace
It's 1am in the early morning and I can't sleep.  I believe it's due part in parcel due to worry about Andrew's transplant journey starting this morning at 6:30am at Northwestern Memorial Hospital for total body radiation.  Worry is juxtaposed with peace.  Sounds funny, huh?  How can one be worried and peaceful at the same time?  Well as a parent, I am worrying for my son who will be subjected to intense chemo and radiation, which will ravage his already racked body by multiple rounds of chemo, in preparation for his bone marrow transplant, but I know deep inside, God has his back.  

I have shared the following verse in my blogs at various times and it continues to give me a modicum of peace in the midst of the "storms":

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6-7

Moreover, I am comforted with what Jeremiah 29:11 states:
For I know the plans I have for you (Andrew)" declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
So, in the solitude of this quiet living room, I sit optimistic.  I sit knowing my God has a sovereign plan for my life and my son's life.  

Please refer to the last blog for specific prayer request.  Also, pray for our new friends the Lim/Park's.
Pray for their son, Connor, who has started the pre transplant process in preparation for his bone marrow transplant, which will happen the day after Andrew's bmt, also at Childrens.  To keep up with Connor's journey click: http://connorbmt.blogspot.com/

Thanks!
Joe
Andrew spending time with his cousin Dom, the day before his first dose of radiation.






No comments:

Post a Comment