FOLLOW BY EMAIL...

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

DAY FIVE IN ICU AND DAY +27 POST TRANSPLANT.



June 5th (12:30pm)

ANSWERED PRAYERS... KEEP PRAYING!

Andrew's liver bilirubin level went down!  ANSWERED PRAYER!  Andrew's chest x-ray showed his lungs got markedly better!  ANSWERED PRAYER!  Fluid build up is getting better as well.  ANSWERED PRAYER!  With all the critical care he is getting, I have almost forgotten the post transplant process and his engraftment.  Andrew's donor's cells are fully engrafting and flourishing!  ANSWERED PRAYER!   As prayers are being answered, I am reminded of a few verses, reminding us all of His faithfulness:

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." (Matthew 7:7)


"Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)



Andrew is far from being out of the woods.  He remains on crt (dialysis) and is still on a ventilator.  Since Andrew is showing improvement,  the experimental drug to cure the VOD (potentially fatal liver condition) will be on hold for the moment.  
Overnight, Andrew's blood pressure went up and down prompting  a constant struggle to keep it at a normal level.  Andrew looks less bloated and the dialysis is helping the fluid removal and Andrew is back at his "normal" baseline weight.  

The doctors and nurses say that Andrew can probably hear whomever talks to him, but he seems unresponsive for the most part.  He twitches at times, showing he may be somewhat aware and awake, but the sedation is keeping him from getting up.  I wouldn't want to wake up with a breathing tube down my throat, huge tube in the side of my neck for dialysis and the myriad of tubing going in and out of his body.
Andrew's growing "tree of life" and the aqua colored contraption is his dialysis machine.


But an interesting things happened last night.  Andrew's sister, Emily text and asked that I say "I love you" to Andrew for her.  I went up to Andrew's bed and whispered to him that his sister loved him, others are rooting for him and praying for him and a very special friend from Texas, Victoria, may be visiting and all of the sudden he twitched.  I know he heard me.  I know it.  I have been whispering encouragement and Bible verses throughout the day and keep on thinking of Philippians 4:13:

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.  

I ask you to continue to pray for the prayer requests I have posted in the previous post:

CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR COMPLETE HEALING OF HIS LUNGS, KIDNEYS AND LIVER.

PRAY SPECIFICALLY FOR:

-LIVER BILIRUBIN LEVELS TO BE BACK AT NORMAL LEVELS.

-THE KIDNEYS FUNCTION WOULD COME BACK TO NORMAL.

-THE DIALYSIS WOULD CONTINUE TO REMOVE EXCESS FLUID.

-THE PNEUMONIA WOULD CONTINUE TO CLEAR UP AND BE COMPLETELY HEALED.

-INSULIN LEVELS WOULD BE BACK AT NORMAL LEVELS.

-HIS BLOOD PRESSURE WOULD STAY AT A NORMAL LEVEL, ESPECIALLY WHEN HE IS REMOVED FROM DIALYSIS AND RECEIVES ANY FLUIDS.

-PRAY FOR THE WHOLE TEAM OF DOCTORS, FELLOWS, RESIDENTS, ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSE AND NURSES HAVE THE WISDOM TO TREAT ANDREW THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE.

-PRAY FOR EMILY, OUR 14 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER, WHO WAS TOLD HOW SERIOUS HER "OPPA" (BIG BROTHER IN KOREAN) IS SERIOUSLY ILL.  SHE DOESN'T SHOW EMOTIONS A LOT, BUT SHE WAS CRYING LAST NIGHT AS I TOLD HER.  CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR ANDREW'S LITTLE SISTER BRY, 10,  WHO KNOWS SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT WITH HER "OPPA".

-PRAY FOR MY PARENTS WHO WILL SEE ANDREW FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE HE HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE ICU.  I KNOW THIS WILL BE HARD FOR THEM.  IT WAS FOR ME.

I can't that you all enough for the blankets of prayers of protection and healing for Andrew and our family.  Thank you for sharing Andrew's fight with others and their churches and places of worship.  Your prayers and especially your words of encouragement, comfort and affirmation are sustaining Jennifer, myself and our family.  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!!!!  

PLEASE,  SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT ANDREW TO YOUR PLACES OF WORSHIP, FRIENDS AND FAMILY. I KNOW MY SOCIAL NETWORK FRIENDS ARE SPREADING THE WORD AND I THANK YOU ALL!  

Again, if you have not set up to get automatic email notifications on Andrew's health, please submit your email in the long white rectangular box where it says email and press submit.  


xoxox.

Joe









6 comments:

  1. God is great-

    He is all power...

    The victory is won, we must keep our eyes on the glory beyond what we see, this is faith. 1Corth 15: 57-58

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been praying for Andrew's recovery for a few months. My kids are Nick and CHristina Huntress. They told me about his condition and we have been following closely. I wish you all the best and I willl continue to pray for all of you. God bless. Donna Huntress

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only way around it is THROUGH it...and Andrew is fighting very hard to get through it! So glad to hear all of his "numbers" are heading in the right direction.
    Keep up the battle, Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just prayed for Andrew's kidneys, lungs and liver to be fully healed. I prayed for strength for your entire family as you continue through this valley. I prayed for the Lord's glory to shine brightly to the entire hospital staff as Andrew is healed from these afflictions. And that through these ordeals, souls would be saved and dwell in the house of the Lord, forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading your blog since linking to it from Kim's blog. I have been praying for Andrew and you and your entire family during this ordeal. I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers, especially Andrew for his healing and restored health. My God hold you all in his hands during this incredibly difficult time ... and always.

    As a side note, I have always wanted to sign up as a stem cell/bone marrow donor, but had never gotten around do doing so. It is because of your beautiful son that I took the time to sign up. Thank you Andrew, for giving me the opportunity to possibly save someone's life through bone marrow donation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I receive your mail concerning your situation,the potency of my spell is very strong, powerful and last forever as it is of the ancient power of my ancestors and it is very fast in action. You are to provide me with the below information of you and your heart desires so that i can initiate the spell casting:Your Full Name,Your both photo, Your mobile number, Your Country, Your Age,Your Partner Age,Your partner Full Name. As soon as the above information is received from you, I will help cast the spell okay.

    ReplyDelete