FOLLOW BY EMAIL...

Friday, August 24, 2012

COMMENTS....

For the past 6 months, I have in general, not responded to comments.  I guess I have was so busy with taking care of Andrew, too tired or I wasn't sure if the comments would automatically go to your email.
Anyway, I am so grateful for all the comments and how these comments encouraged me, affirmed me and spurred not only me, but for my family. 

Andrew's Army!
The above picture was taken right before Andrew passed away.  The picture is of our family holding onto Andrew, but I feel like there were thousands of hands on Andrew's hand.  This journey was a group effort by Andrew's Army.  For all those who have read this blog, commented, prayed, you are all part of our family: Andrew's Army.  I am reminded of a verse in the Bible of your support and being part of our community:


Romans 12:9-10
Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.


I also want to apologize if you haven't gotten thank you cards to all who have sent cards and donations.  I hope you all understand the delay.  Reading the cards you all have sent has been a very emotional experience.  It has been so encouraging reading about Andrew and what he meant to you all and on the other hand saddening as it has reminded us of our dearly departed son.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you.  Thinking of all of you who have carried us in these trying times.

I thank my God, every time I remember you.
Philippians 1:3

I will updating soon on some wonderful happenings this past week.  Happy weekend.

xoxoxo,
Joe
***If you haven't already and would like to get automatic notifications when there is a new update, please submit your email in the long white rectangular box under Andrew's picture up top.  

3 comments:

  1. Dear Joe,
    Thank you for your post. Even though we have never met, I think about and pray for you and your family often. This year as I cried watching my girls walk in the school door (I cry every year!), I cried for you and for other parents who CAN'T see their children walk in the school doors, for a variety of reasons. It put the entire day in perspective for me.

    God bless you as you continue to make this journey, step by step. Keep putting one foot in front of the other, friend.
    Love and Prayers,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, how did you find about the blog? Thanks for your note:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found out about Andrew, and subsequently the blog, through Connor's mom's blog (and also Peter and Kim Cho's blog). I actually don't know them either, but my friend's daughter goes to school with Connor, and she sent out an urgent request for prayer last year when Connor got sick. I have followed his story (and yours) ever since.

    My dad was in an accident last November that left him paralyzed, and it was shortly after this that you (and several others) were, in different ways, brought into my life. As I grieve with my parents, I have grieved with your family, albeit differently. This grief led to a lot of prayer!! The Lord has used the Body of Christ to carry my parents (and our family) through this difficult time, and I want you to know that the Lord is using the Body of Christ to minister to you as well...but you clearly know that!! :) I am certain that there are others out there that you don't know about that are praying for your family.

    Blessings and Prayers for you and your family. One moment at a time.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete