FOLLOW BY EMAIL...

Friday, March 14, 2014

Calling All of Andrew's Army!!!! NEED HELP!

Hi everyone!  It's been over 6 months since I have blogged last and to be quite honest, I have been contemplating shutting this blog down.  Things are going well as they can be in my "new normal" without my beloved Andrew.  I continue with school for my teaching certification and there is some light at the end of the tunnel with my student teaching in the not too distant future.  The kids at Ogden School continue to keep me busy and focused.  I am grateful for this job and it has been a godsend.

I am writing to you today, because I just received an email from a person I have never met before, but  has supported our family in prayer by praying for Andrew and helped in a bone marrow drive at her church where her husband Mike is a pastor.  She has a child that has been just diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia.  Her name is Esther Lee and her beautiful daughter is Ava.  Ava is currently at Lurie's Children's receiving chemo and care.  In the past year, I have received news of three children who have been diagnosed with pediatric cancer, two of them leukemia.  My heart aches and breaks for these children and their families.
Beautiful Ava Lee at Children's
Ava has a rare form of leukemia, where a b.m.t. (bone marrow transplant) will most likely be needed survive.  If you recall when Andrew needed a bone marrow match, I informed you all how woefully underrepresented Asians are on the national bone marrow registry!  It is almost sickening.  The process to be a potential donor takes only a few minutes and it could very well save a life.  I am not only calling all Koreans and Asians to take the test, but all my "brothers and sisters" of all races to get tested and potentially "Be the Match".  It is so ridiculously easy.  Here is the site where you can order a test, which consists of swabs to be swabbed inside your mouth and simply be mailed back in, to be a potential life saver: Press here!  The site is Bethematch.org if there are any issues with the link.

I ask not only do you get off your butts to take the test, but to lift up the Lee Family in prayer. Please lift up Ava and that God would fully heal her.  Here is the blog for Ava( press here) so you can have some more context of her plight.  I beg you to pray and to get tested.  Many of you have asked since Andrew has died what you could do. Well,  the aforementioned is what I am pleading you to do.  Thanks.

Please also pray for the other two children who are battling pediatric cancer:

Sophie Cho:  Her blog: press here!

Ella Joy Won:  Her blog:  press here!

Finally, I know Andrew is calling from heaven and asking you all the same things I am.  I know all of you who are part of Andrew's Army would want to honor Andrew in taking these small practical steps to help out God's children.  Please look out for posts with info on future bone marrow drives!



XO,
Joe

2 comments:

  1. Dear Joe--I connected with your blog as I was following the blog of my friends Kimberly and Peter Cho as they were going through Kimberly's illness and treatment. I followed your family's story as well, and grieved virtually alongside you when Andrew passed away. I do so appreciate your sharing your story with us all, and I hope and pray that the healing process has continued since Andrew went to be with his beloved Father in Heaven.

    I am writing to see if you would be willing to speak with me for a book I am working on about parenting. Please email me at helenleemail@gmail.com so I can give you further details. You can also check out more about me at my website: helenleeauthor.com. I look forward to hearing from you.--Sincerely, Helen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart was filled with remorse and pain for the past 7 months when my husband ended our marriage and went to his EX lover because i was unable to give him a son. I was so devastated and almost committed suicide. I asked everyone i knew for help but all my efforts were useless not until i was refereed to Doctor Casera by Oliver who i met online that he could be of help to me for he has helped her before. I got in touch with him and i poured out everything i had in mind to him and he promised to make me smile and make me live a better life by getting my husband back with his powers between just 24 hours. I believed in him and to my very eyes, my husband came on his knees pleading for forgiveness to come back and rectify his mistakes and today we are living with so much Joy and happiness. If anyone out there needs help of any-kind, get in touch with the Doctor now for he will help you out.

    E-mail: relationshipsolutionhome@hotmail.com
    Website: http://relationshipsolutionhome.webs.com/
    Call/text: +1 (518) 460-6400

    ReplyDelete